Sunday, February 27, 2005

Of Weber And Kings

Well, he's gone. N so's the useless $17-23 Mil Annual wasted on his one dimensional perception of the game.

C-Webb n Iverson are gonna be a hell of a tandem, though. Well, they SHOULD be. One genuine thug that's reformed, n one wanna be thug who don't know WHAT that hell he is. If C-Webb don't screw it up, he and Iverson are gonna be fun to watch. Passing skills, I love it.

But then, there it is, tonite, 3 tics on the clock, n Weber fails to go to the hoop with any authority, and his game tying hoop is blocked and negated, easily. Way too easily. I got too many memories of that kinda shot, with the clock ticking, to win. Only, they always lost, when Weber had that ball in the final tics.

All the local talk about how Weber turned this franchise around makes me sick. It was Vlade, Peja, Christie, Jon Barry, Bench Mob. N many others, who busted their humps while watching Weber stand around, then dribble the ball up court like a guard (and lose it), make dumb ass spin moves, blow short jumpers, fail to attack the basket and dunk like a man, yaddaa yadda yaddda.

I am delighted he's gone. I DO think, he grew up here, though. Found at least a PART of what and who he's destined to be. It's a good move for all. I wish him well.

Now I wanna watch, as Miller, Peja and The Cat and Darius Songilia fashion this team into a faster, hyper passing and much better defensive AND offensive team. If we still had Vlade, I'd call us a contender to go to the finals. But, we don't, and we ain't. Not this year. Like Dem Bums Of Brooklyn, wait till next year!

Comments:
Oh sure..now yer glad he's gone. I've said it many a time, and I'll say it again......
Weber sucks, he's selfish, always hurt, and generally a distraction to the team.! I hope Iverson punches him in the face!

That is all.
 
Just for the record, I've NEVER like Weber. For all the reasons you posted . . . and so many more!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]