Saturday, July 16, 2005

This Pretty IGBOB'd ME!






Quite a pic. Tut Taylor and Doc Watson pickin. Courtesy of Writer46, from another forum. He actually lives near Doc, and goes down to the local 'store', and hangs out on the stoop, and picks a few once in a while, with DOC PHREAKIN WATSON! How kewl can that be!

Doc's 82 I think, and Tut's 79, I believe. That pic was taken just this week, at the Grey Fox Fest JimmyBob is listenin to on the satellite feed. That fest is also the site of this year's World Resophonic Championships, with reso players from all over the world coming to compete for the title of BEST. Lotta big dogs there, including of course, Tut and Doc.

Comments:
Found you blog surfing and couldn't resist saying hey!
My father was a guitar picker his whole life. Even made them, fiddles and mandolins too. Grew up in Oklahoma and grew me up here in California.
But my favorite thing in the world is fishing and your catfish post caught my eye and then I saw a fried okra comment and I just had to write. My favorite food is fried okra too.
One quick story and then I will leave you alone! When I married my husband, he said he was making okra. I thought holy crap, yummy. He comes in a couple minutes later with cut up nuked okra. I asked what the hell is this? He said, you told me you loved okra. I told him not the kind that slides down my throat and from then on, I cooked the okra in our house! Doc Watson...Wow.
 
Nancy, do I know you, or is it someone else in here that you know?
 
Welcome to Camp Howdy Nancy! Ya don't need to "know" anybody to be somebody in these here parts...just look around ya! *LOL*!
 
No, but I have a delicious recipe for Tako Poke.
 
Good Lord, is that 'RANGERBABE' Nancy? If so, wow, I bow!!!!! lol
 
"Anybody got a good recipe for string bean casserole?"

Cuz, the hardest part is stringin the beans together. After that, don't over cook the beans, or the string usually falls off. Oh, it's best to leave the beans in the pods, they tie easier, it's HAYALL tryin to rope up a buncha round peas!!!! Uh, bless yer heart, too, btw . . . .
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]