Tuesday, August 16, 2005

From Tom in Flooooda

Two Middle Eastern mothers are sitting in the café chatting over a pint ofgoat's milk. The older of the moms pulls out her bag and starts flipping through pictures and reminiscing. . ."This is my oldest son, Mohammed. He would be 24 now." The other mom replies, "I remember him as a baby."Mom says, "He's a martyr now.""Oh, so sad, my dear."Mom flips to another picture. "And this is my second son, Kali. Hewould be 21.""Oh I remember him. He had such curly hair when he was born."Mom sighs, "He's a martyr, too.""Oh gracious me" says the second mother."And this is my third son. My beautiful Ahmed. He would be 18" Momwhispers."Yes" says her friend enthusiastically, "I remember when he firststarted school.""He's a martyr also" Mom says, with tears in her eyes.After a pause and a deep sigh, the second Muslim mother looks wistfullyat the photos and says:"They blow up so fast, don't they?"

Comments:
That was a good one.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]