Saturday, August 06, 2005

Learn This Song For Fall

F# A F# E
E D D B
B D E F#
F# E D B

Dirk Powell. Time Again
Great cd, great music.
Waterbound Is This Song (I Love It)
8 Beats To A Line.
32 Beats To A Stanza
Slow Tempo('Sort Of)

F# A F# E
I went out late one night,
E D D B
Moon and the stars were shinging bright.
B D E F#
Storm came up, n the trees come down,
F# E D B
I'll tell ya boys I was water bound.

Water bound on a strangers shore.
River risin to my door.
Carried my home to the field below, I'm water bound, no where to go.

Carve my name on an old barn wall,
No one knowed I was there at all.
Safe and dry on a winters night.
Ya turn yer head and ya see the light.

Black kat crawling on an old box car.
Rusty door and a falling star.
Aint got a dime in my nation sack,
I'm water bound and I can't get back.

Yes I'm a goin and I won't be back
Ya don't belive me you can count my tracks.
River's long and the river's wide
I'll meet cha boys on the other side.

So say my name and don't forget.
This ole water ain't got me yet.
Nothun but, I'm bound to roam
I'm water bound and I can't get home.

F# A F# E
E D D B
B D E F#
F# E D B

There's prolly some minor and modal madness in there, the chord structure is just offa what I would play for changes on reso, minors and modals are kinda natural for me, and I wouldn't have a clue how to figger them in for tab, or notation.

It IS a great song, though. Hope someone picks up on it. :SMILE:

Comments:
Daddy, what's "fall"?
 
Musta been a hippie bar, Cuz, n you got tossed cuz they thought for sure it was a Hank Song and it was country. This here is old timey. It's legit. I'd never toss you, Joni'd kick my ass for sure.

Tubdude, 'fall' is what goeth before the pride of knowin, ya just had one drink too much.

I'll hold yer chair.

IGBOB.

I'm thinkin, blow up doll, dressed like Miz Wendy was that one fest you 'never were leaving', in a camp chair, eyes closed, in a fur parka, with hood up over the eyes. Chin in chest, so, we'll hafta deflate it a bit, methinks.
 
N I'll bet Zeke or Rose have a blow up doll, too. ;-)

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Bless yer hearts.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]