Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Why is this a bad deal?

My problem isn't the top paragraphs, it's the bottom two:

"...The administration signed off on the deal after it was approved by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States, an interagency panel chaired by Treasury Secretary John Snow.
Snow was chairman of CSX, a rail firm that, according to the New York Daily News, sold its own port operations to DP World for $1.15 billion in 2004, a year after Snow left to head Treasury. The Treasury Department did not respond to a request for comment.
Last month, Bush nominated David Sanborn, who heads DP World's European and Latin American operations, to head the U.S. Maritime Administration. Trent Duffy, a White House spokesman, said Sanborn did work for the company, but "we're told he had nothing to do with the transaction.""

The U.S. Maritime Administration's Mission:

"To strengthen the U.S. maritime transportation system - including infrastructure, industry and labor - to meet the economic and security needs of the Nation. MARAD programs promote the development and maintenance of an adequate, well-balanced United States merchant marine, sufficient to carry the Nation’s domestic waterborne commerce and a substantial portion of its waterborne foreign commerce, and capable of service as a naval and military auxiliary in time of war or national emergency. MARAD also seeks to ensure that the United States maintains adequate shipbuilding and repair services, efficient ports, effective intermodal water and land transportation systems, and reserve shipping capacity for use in time of national emergency."

Comments:
David Sanborn? Great sax player. I have a couple of his CD's. Yeah, the port deal is fucked. Bush didn't even know. So now our country's safety is at risk because of the inept asshole that the majority of the country elected.

This is why I'm tryin' to leave in a big green boat.

People always ask me if I feel safe traveling in Mexico.

Sometimes...safer than here.
 
That shoulda read...


'Recently...safer than here.'
 
"Big Green Boat" has to be a new Joni Mitchell song . . it just has to. Weave in paved parking lots, coyotes with no regrets, skate keys, SCYC, IGBOB. Sometimes they just write themselves when ya got a 'Hit Song Writing Pen'.
 
martin........

please translate, I don't speak godfosakenvalleythatgodfogotese.
 
You is orbviously not a Joni Mitchell fan. Yer Big Yellow Taxi Ain't Blue Enuff.

AFG. Of a hipper sorts. But, the same, at heart. Ewe ngo.
 
I got the Big Yellow Taxi bit, it was the rest of the wubba wubba wubba blah blah blah that seemed to get lost in the propagation somewhere's.

AFG? Ahhhhh Fucking Green?
ewe? Me? whodat?
ngo? Samba Ngo?

I must not have had the proper drugs as a small child.

Or I forgot to RTFM.
 
Oh well, WTF.

I'm sure am sorry about yer adolescent lack of proper mediacation. I woulda given ya some of mine, had I known. ;-)
 
Thanks Larue....it's the thought that counts.


And the number of pills.
 
Oh no, pills are bad. Less they was brown chocolate mescaline. All other pills were bad.

Real bad, at times.

All that cannibanoid based stuff, hash, hash grams eaten, hash with little white stripes of opium on em, hash oil, pot, pot oil, brownies, even opium, was good.

Very soothing for my overextended energy and personality. Man, picture me at 170 and 25 years.

"WHAT! Me nervous?" LET'S PLAY FOUR!!!!!!

Sure liked that chocolate brown mescaline, though.

Yeh, I woulda shart any of that with ya hoss. Or anyone else. Oh, I DID!!!! I shart as much as I could do myself, seems fair, even now . . . ;-)
 
Damned 't' key seems to be subbin for my 'e' key in previe post . . . . I swear it aint the chocolate mescaline . . . .
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]