Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It's Just Me, I'm Sure, But . . .

I got a ton of internet streams I love, and a few I'm on all the time.

Mostly blue and new grass.

I got all the stuff I've downloaded from dime a dozen, blue and new grass.

I don't listen to The Pig much anymore for some reason.
Cuzzin Al, though, is a must for me.

Americana is many other places, and it's a lot wider, too, than The Pig.

Bless The Pig, though, it's an institution and it's fine for what it is.

Maybe I'm just bored finally, after some 7 years of chasin music to catch to.

But lately I dialed back into Boot Liquor, which one Tubbed One turned me onto, back in '02 or so?

And it just kicks ass. I hear more Russell, Alvin, and electric americana I've never heard of on there in a few hours than I can hear in a few days elsewhere. And they spin some grass, too . . . go figger.

Keep yer chrome pints full, and yer boots stuffed.

And check out Boot Liquor when yer bored with stuff.

Comments:
Larue Johnson is right!

Except for Unkl Sherman, the Pig's been dead since Laura Ellen fired Buffalo Bob. Where's the DJs? Where's Lance? Tiny? Felton? Wild Bill? Dal Do? What do we have now? The same 150 songs and no umpf. What turns us all to the speedometer side of the dial or to the iPod/CD/cassette are the lame, incessant commercials. Not even funny and no decent fake ones.
 
Geez, for a few years now, I thought I was the ONLY one on the planet with that blinding need for recapturing a nostalgic past I missed when I was growing old!!! *G*

But honestly, I didn't come here to bury The Pig, but to praise Boot Liquor.

Whew. ;-)

Daldo, Ramblin, And Wild Bill. They was forMIDable, they was. As were all the others The Tub enjoices.

I think there's still a couple at One Oh Seven Oink Five who can bring it, but, I also think they is somewhat, er, 'restrained'.

And yes, the playlist tells the truth about THAT.

Hey, it's tough to find jobs in that industry anymore.

They all got mouths to feed.

We cope on.
 
Yawn.....the Pigs been boring for years. But I still like them free tix!

Hippie Fest in Golden Gate Park anyone?

http://www.sfoutsidelands.com/

And yer buddys Cafe Tacuba are playin Tubub. Steve Winwood too.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]