Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Greatest Band. Evah.

I like all kinds of music, always have in all my history. And yes, I'm VERY particular anymore, but I STILL like a lot of stuff. *G*

As I've aged, the acoustic has owned me, and the likes of my earlier heroes like Doc and Mike Auldridge, newgrass stuff and now trad stuff have gripped me. Americana, gypsy swing, klezmer, and a host of off shoots all make me smile. But this vid of Romantic Warrior captures the complete MASTERY of the craft of making music, the MASTERY of the instruments used and the definitive ensamble and solo play plateau's that only the gifted really reach.
Although not as masterful to me as EARLIER RTF, with Flora and Airto, such as Light As A Feather (one of the top 5 for the desert island, an absolute MUST), this RTF quartet is 4 guys at the height of their game, doing it better than anyone on the planet then, or now. 

And I'm ALWAYS blown away with Al Di Meola every time I hear him. Tony Rice, and Tone. Tween the two, only the masters like Segovia, Reinhardt and Watson hold a candle. 

From Light As A Feather, 500 Miles High. Flora. Wow. 

Damn I've forgotten how good all the vinyl jazz I got and how good it was 35+ years ago. Damn. 

Guess it's time to figger out how to play it, and digitize it. Guess I could sell the vinyl after that. Buy some pork shoulders and apple wood. 

Comments:
Pussies.



Not that there's anything wrong with that.
 
OH, and to rip your half double decaffeinated half-caf, with a twist of lemon mamby pamby fusion jass, try a USB Turntable. Then run out and recycle the vinyl. Too bad they don't buy it back by the note. You could make a killin'.
 
Yer Killin Me, Perfessor. *G*

Flora, San Francisco River, her solo debut.

Google up California Concert. Hubbard, Turrentine, Benson, a few others. '71. Only 5 songs on a double album. *G* They kill it le jhazz.

I got THAT in my stacks, too.

Along with 5 Crusaders projects, and a few 20 more sleeves of live shows, fests, and yes, the obligatory Swiss Movement.

I'm Just Tryin To Make It Real, Compared To What.

Miles and Sketches Of Spain is fine, so is le bop with the gods.

Lenny White knows stix.

Oscar Peterson. Herbie. Yardbird. The Onliest Monk. Mingus. And hundred's of others. Good stuff.

It's GOOD to revisit the past, for the present's sake, and to steer ya to the future.

It's kinda what technology lets us do anymore.

But like I said, I fell for the acoustic thang. Hard.

N still, that Boot Likker sips fine. WTF.

It's all good. *G*

I want a system I can rip to something besides mp3 files. I may never get to it.

Wanna buy some vinyl? *G* I'll just end up paying you back for the transcriptions in digital, and you KNOW it. *G*
 
N dang, I left out two of my favs, pop as they aren't:

Land Of Make Believe (Esther Satterfield)
Children On Sanchez

Mangione. Love that fleugelin, along with Freddy Hubbard's versons . . .
 
OK...how about saving them as .wav files with no compression and then .flacing them or whatever pyrate stuff you people do? There's a nice full system with software, turntable, large fonts, more bolding than a Republican ballot measure argument and under $250.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]