Friday, May 09, 2008

Pictures Are Good



Mount Goddard, at 13,568, puts the Lake Martha at about 13,000, maybe only 12,500. No fish, there. In '73. Dang. 
It's wierd up there, that high. 


This is Hell For Sure Pass, 11,000 or so.


And this is Devil's Punchbowl a place I've been to twice. The spot the guy is on, is the right side of the lake (if yer comin in from the left, which is the NORTH), which is behind him, which is east. A BIG bowl, of water, punched out of the Sierra Granite.
 
No fish, there, either, for me in my time. 

It was wierd at times, up there. 
My life on the line a few times.

Guess it's like your life on the water Dave. 
Every moment might be yer last.

Here's to the soft meadows we hike, and the quiet seas we sail. 

*G* 

Comments:
Does this mean you're going to hike up to Lookout Point again with me there laruski ol Pal???
:)
 
Zeke, ya killed me then, and yer killin me now.

This is nostalgia, for old farts.

Yew kids . . . killin me . . .

Just look at the pictures and never mind the articles.

*G*
 
I DID do that stuff, then.

I consider it, a crowning achievement of my life, too.

Kinda like being raised in SE Asia.

Only learning to play and sing music is second on the list of dreams I've had, after climbing mountains.

Do I miss that? SURE! But I have memories that sustain me, and I'll do what I can now, with what I got.

I love the pictures. Let's play music!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]