Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Blue Highway, Dan Tyminski Band, Grassetowne

I'm a Lucky Larue, walking down the streets. 

I hear VERY few of my Howdy Pals will be at Grass Valley, but I got permission to attend today.

I'm in Friday morning about 10am at the latest.

It's a hell of a line up, I'm missing Ivan Rosenburg on Thurs, but that's the life of comprimises with honey's, be they wives or husbands. Guess I'm not the FIRST to figger this out. ;-) 

I get Rob The Mob. I get Dan The Man.

And I get two sets of Unkle Phil Ledbetter on dobro with Alan Bibey! TWO SETS!

Oh, I hear some guy named Doyle's there, too . . . 

Time to pull up my 'grass pants, and lock them tight so they don't fall down at 3 am.

Best to you Howdians', I never thought I'd make a fest some of you didn't.

Love ya all, and well, beach party, maybe? Say, August? 

In the fog, in the fog, in the tall tall fog . . . . . the glorious fog . . . while it's 110F here? 

Big red meat, bbq's, canopy's galore so the fog don't burn us. 

Oh The Fog, the sounds of seals barking, and that LOVELY and haunting minor and modal sound of a dobro as it echoes across the Monterey Bay above the din of all the rest of the chaos.

*G* 

I'll bring ice, beer and firewood. 
I'm trainable, I keep TELLIN ya . . . *G* 



Comments:
I've still got it in my leetle haid that I can make it Friday night. I may be looking for takers for my passenger seat. Never can tell.
 
WHOA!!!

Hoss, I got prime real estate staked out on the parking lot side of The Hill. Not 20 years from the porta potty as you walk off the hill to the main gate thru the parking lot. PRIME TURF! *G*

Don't know if you know Cory and Robyn.

Cory is there now, and I'm comin in Friday at about 9am. Robyn is coming with the kids about 10pm Friday.

Cory, whom I spoke with today at 4pm, said the other side of the gazebo was filled. Where we USED to camp. Course, that COULD be just the music camp folks, but I'd 'spect they will STAY there for the fest duration. It's good turf!

We is gonna be tween the concrete pad, and the parking lot, on THAT side of the hill.

Cory plays git, banjo and dobro. Robyn fiddles the HECK outta anything. Good company to start with.

Man o man, to see YER smiling face and hear a rope and a glove thumpin . . well, I don't need to tell you how much I'd love to see THAT! *G*

Hmmmm . . . who'd ride shotgun with YOU, I wonder. *G* BRING THE WIFE!!!!

Hopin for the best for you and any other . . . I'm ALSO staying Sunday night. I don't HAVE to call home . . . um, maybe we should skip that one . . . ;-)

Remember one Sunday Night, YOU my hoss, were the KING Bass Man, for Camp Old Timey!!!

9pm, you were gone, and I was dead to the snooze from being with Cory, all night, Saturday night, and seeing the sun come up Sunday morning.

ME, I never recovered. YOU? In top form, chap!!!

Damn, I LOVE that town . . . '-)

BRING IT TUB!!! *G*

Uh, I mean, Bring The Tub . . . . and you, and a rider, of course . . . ;-)
 
Bailey's w/ Espresso?
Curried chicken with veggies and pesto cous cous?

What ELSE I gotta do to make ya be there and then?

For GOD'S Sakes man, can't you get there any earlier?

*G*

Temps mid 80's to mid 90's. . . . it's only just UNDER 2,000 ft, who knows, but I GUARANTEE it won't rain for 4 days . . . . or ANY days.

Hat, sunblock, water. Geebuz, I'm WAY too wound up for this . . . pick, pick, pick and hardly ever leave camp . . . and more pickin up on the concrete pad likely . . . cuz THEM two never sleep!! *G*
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]