Sunday, June 29, 2008

IGBOBLAB

I dunna, I was there reading some blog, they posted some Gladys Knight N The Pips clip that WASN'T Midnight Train To Georgia (I LOVE Gladys Knight!) and I tripped on one of my favs as a teen aged and angst ridden heart broken walker of street fog with a transistor in my ear at 13 years of age . . . 

The horns are SO bitchen, but it comes to Dionne's voice, in the end, that sets it all off . . . 

Sigh. 

If you see me walking down the street, 
And I start to cry, each time we meet.
WALK ON BY! WALK ON BY!

Poomp, Poomp, POOMP, Poomp, Poomp, Poomp!

Yeahhhhhhh . . . 

Straight thru the teenaged heart . . . . oww. 

Never mind the rest. At that moment, Dionne Warwick was IN our moments . . . 

Now she's just trying to read our minds, but the world has CHANGED a lot, in some 45 years or so  . . . ;-) 

Geebuz, I forgot ALL about this one, here's to all you lovers out there, and I think you know who you are. *G* 

Congrats to Liz N Dave, BTW . . . and to all of us who lasted thru the years of our dreams, with our loves. New and old, one and all. *G* 

Guess I can't leave this one out, it's a tear jerker and a big song, you can almost hear Phil Spector, only he wasn't in on this. Damn when she hits the chorous up high . . . Don't Make Me Over . . . .*G* 


Labels:


Comments:
Burt and Hal. Not my cup o' tea.
 
I wouldn't listen to Burt OR Hal if they were playing or singing.

But Dionne W has early teen memories for me . . . all that angst!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]