Monday, September 22, 2008

I'm Not Sayin I Miss The Business


This place is two blocks away, tucked in on a side street . . . Go check out their September menu descrips . . . . 

It's an exhibition kitchen, you sit around the cooking station, you get to tour the back side and see prep at work. You get to ask questions simple and complex. It's a gas! We sat at the bar area just in front of where Chef Randall (owner) in the pic is standing. There's tables for 30 more or so, behind. 



I go there now once or twice a year just to hang with Chef Noah (Chef de Cuisine) in the alley and give him some fresh basil I grow, just so I can smell the smells out the back door, and talk kitchen shit. *G* 

Been there once on our birthdays (Jan), three years ago. 

Incredible. 

There are times when I read their new monthly menu I start to tremble slightly, shake a bit, salivate, drool, and feint.

And I start thinking about how many glass and plastic containers I would need to dive for in dumpsters to afford just ONE more time there . . . $125 per person.

Sigh. 

So then when I stop the shakes, I go to the local carniciera to get some veal bones (can't get them from the chain grocery stores) I can roast, with some mirapoix, and make two quarts of demi glace so I can pretend I still have a clue as to what the phook's going on out there with the art of fine dining . . . 

Sigh. 

Hand me another corn dog and pass the French's Mustard . . .  

Sigh.



Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]