Sunday, December 21, 2008

Where Were You In '85?

I can't even recall when it was I saw Grisman with Rice in the original Quintet . . . at Great American Music Hall.

But I saw them a few times . . . and I NEVER had any clue (you people kill me) that Tony Rice and that Bluegrass Album Band were doing that stuff, or that Tony was a bluegrass picker before and after Grisman's Quintet . . .

This clip is special in that I've not seen it anywhere, and most folks haven't either . . .

From BluegrassRules.com and courtesy of Zane Fairchild . . . a fair picker himself (his father too) a clip of some fine music. And when Tony, Doyle, and JD Crowe hit the trio harmony, it'll kill ya. If it don't, yer already dead.

Rickie Simpkins on fiddle I think, and Todd Phillips on electric bass cuz his dawghouse was lost on the airplane. No sigh of Flux on this cut. Geez Rice had SUCH a bitchen voice . . . sigh.



Comments:
Strawberry, Strawberry, Strawberry!

Click yer heels Larooski!
 
Yep, twice a year, Dave, with verve.

And I'm a lucky man to get there each time.
 
85? I met Miss Wendy. Took off to Ory-gun. Um...yeah. 85.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]