Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Back when cellos were Glam...


Comments:
I'll just mention here that Cuz, dave and me saw the Bee Eaters last night at Don Quixote's. Tristan's playing a lot of cello after being infected by Daryl Anger with a Mike Marshall virus.
 
For your less able or willing readers:

http://www.beeeaters.com/HOME.html

Damn, I missed a good one.

I'd put THEM people on the Berry Stage.

I've not seen or heard a hammered dulcimer in a show for decades. N Corbett's 5-String work? Phreakin nutz.

Good Hit Tub.

Ya bastids.
 
Speakin of Geoff Lynn and ELO.

I was dragged to one of their shows, Oakland Auditoriim, somewhere in late 70's. I was SURE I'd hate it, but there was pot and free tix and allure involved, so I went. Hey, I was young.

I was single . . . about 24, and she was a young 18 in my broadcasting group at CSM, who was headed to a major theatre arts college somewhere between Big Sur and SLO.

She was like, 5', max. And at age 14 running super trooper spot lights for Bill Graham. She had free tix, WTF. *G* One of the most fun younger people I've ever met . . . *G*

We went with one of MY friends, whom was a nutzo NYC crazed guy my age, whom she like a lot. He was nuts. I really liked him as most folks did.

Oh, the show. Blue fiddles, cello's. Midevil Woman. I was SURE I was gonna hate that pop shit, but I was suitably impressed with the actual chops they had to use, and the arranging, tight to the bone. And even some harmony, too.

I like Geoff Lynn MUCH more with his work with The Wilburry's . . . but that was a unique show for me. Pop music as all shit, and I saw stuff to glom onto.

Bless Tristan and the Bee Eaters . . . I wanna see that.

Ya Bastids.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]