Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy New Year Howdyville!

I"m not sure if it was this last Fall Berry, but somewhere Berry Recently, Lynny and Dave were goin at it song for song at Lynny's Alcove. And somewhere within them moments, Lynny in FINE full fest form, as she was busting out song after song fully sung and played, with Dave's most EXCELLENT fills and leads, Lynny pulled out a tune I'd never heard.

Shortly after that, I was shamed to learn I'd never heard Dylan, old folkies, Jerry and others had done this trad tune a ton.

I'm now all over this song, thanks to Lynny . . . damn you were good with it, too . . . here's Mr. Zimmerman, in '62, in the heart of Greenwich Village, where the shit was happening, really really happening.



N somehow, that led me to another folkie sanger/writer of that era, whom I've always loved:



So, Happy New Year's All Of Howdyville . . . miss ya, see ya in da Spring . . . till then, pick, sip and sup and hug 'em all close.

Thanks for the ride, it's been glorious among the hi's and lo's . . . .

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]