Friday, July 09, 2010

This One's For Zeke, And My Memories

The FIRST KPIG Swine Soiree we attended, we did the Anjil and Birdman gathering in Pajaro Valley, had fun, and went back to my bro's place that was then in SC at 47 or 42st, or so, I forget.

The next day, we all went to the Soiree at WatsonBILLLE Fairgrounds for the fest.

I met Martin, Zeke, and a few others for the first time.

I had met the night before, Jim Wilson, Walker, and that other guy.

Jim Wilson remains my bro for life . . . as do many Howdians.

But that's not the story.

The second year, for Swine Soiree, we stayed overnight at Anjil's, in Pajaro.

And on Fest Day, we met all y'all again, but we KNEW ya from fall '01 and Spring '02 Berry, and we had found a home.

(I was just informed, this was a third Soiree, when we stayed in a hotel, honey rules)

So it's our third Soiree, and I KNOW Anjil figgerd into it somehow, but memories are clouded . . . sigh. Anyhoots.

So, we're coming out of the Fest in the Fairgrounds, and stop to the hotel place we were at this time. Summer '02/'03/04????.

I'm at the front door of this place, waiting for I forget what, and this tall lankly dude walks up, lights up a smoke.

I turn to look, it's Andrew. I'm immediately screwed, as I am NOT experienced much (two Soiree's Two Berry's) at seeing hero's up close. I ask, are you Mr. Hardin? He replies in the affirmative. I gush a little. I ask, why's he standing in the door I am?

He replies, he's waiting on Russell to get his ass back to the hotel so they can get their rooms and settle in.

I talk with him a bit about his git work, music and such, he's polite and smiles and thanks me for my love of his music, Russell aside.

Ya know, if Zeke and Martin had not hammered me in two fests about Russell, and Andrew Hardin (Zeke), I would have never know who he was, or known his music.

So this one's for Zeke, and Yeah, You Two, Martin. Ya both, and Regi, and Dave, and many others, Cuz N Joni, over the years have schooled me well, music wise.

I look back, to '01, and forward . . . and I smile at you folks, for all you brought to my, our, table. Cuz Honey is all into this shit now, too . . . . it's in her mp3 when she goes walking at work, or hits the gym at out place. And it's in MY ears, too.

Here's some Andrew with Katy Moffat (wish I could find 'Stoned At The Jukebox' Martin, that was a keeper long ago when ya put it to cd for me . . . . ya hoss).

*G*



Dang, I shoulda run out the table a bit more, here's Andrew Sangin Like Dave:


Comments:
Katy Moffatt along with Rosie Flores were the Party Dolls in the Pleasure Barons band.
 
Yep, I learnt that the day I found that vid. You folks are still way ahead of me . . . . ;-)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]