Sunday, December 19, 2010

Hi Kids, I'm Home for the Holidays!


Hey Larue...The Burmese Beach Boys. The kid with the guitar's family owned a restauraunt on the Bay of Bengal, and were amazed that anybody could play lead. All they played were their own original songs, and had no idea who the Beatles or the Stones were. The only western song they knew, that I played, and I tried them all, was Proud Mary!



Me on top of 1200 year old Ananda Paya with some of the 4000 temples of Bagan in the background.


Sunset over the Ayerwaddy River.


2000 year old Shwedagon Paya, 326 feet high, covered in 60 tons of gold! Yangon.


Comments:
Incredible shit.

'Splain country of origins plz.

History . . . I mean, we're talking 2,000 years. WHO? What race? WHat regligion?

Oh, welcome home hoss I wuz just tawkin about choo in the previe linnk I put up.

Had fun didja?
 
Myanmar, or Burma as most people know it. The temple supposedly houses 8 of the Guatma Buddha's hairs brought by travellers that headed to India for religous reasons and brought them back to the king. At that point they were Rhakaing, or basically a cross between Asian and Indian that populated the west coast of the Bay of Bengal, on the Indian Ocean. You can see it for miles around Yangon (Rangoon). Like George Orwell said, who lived there for years..

"Like no other land you've ever seen"
 
See new post!
 
It musta been like goin back in time dave . . . wow.

Great pic(s).

Orwell?

Heh, yeah like no other land ever . .

I can dig that man . . . more pics, story, n history dude!

*G*
 
Well, I am so excited that I have found this your post because I have been searching for some information about it almost three hours.You helped me a lot indeed and reading this your article I have found many new and useful information about this subject.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]