Sunday, April 03, 2011

I'm Killin Muhself

See, I was doin this musical like post at MyFDL.

Just Postin I Am.

N then, some one replies with THIS link:


N then, I got all Galtylike and went to find more of this Anita Carter woman.

Oh.

June's sister. One of the Carters. Maybelle's daughter.

Now I phookin get it.

Good danged dawg she's not only lovely, but sangs like a bird.

N somehow, I missed that she's sanged with Hank Williams, n Hank Snow, n The Carter Fambly.

I mean, WTF, did I miss a hunnert years of music or what?

A folk song I recall, sure. But Anita's voice? Dayum!!!! Dayum!!!!

She nails this one like Joan Baez n others never could do . . . n I'm a BIG fan of Baez n the 50's n 60's folkie/rocky ladies . . . gal with the Weavers, Ronnie. Joan, Judy C, Mimi, Jean Ritchie, Cass, Beverly Bivens (Wee Five, You Were On My Mind), Signet Toly Anderson (first Airplane album), others I forget . . . . there were tons.

But go run Anita's youtubes. I did, it bout kilt me . . . incredible voice n youtube has a lot of her music . . . I am amazed.

It will be the best thang ya do till the next fest.

Let's Pick Some!

*G*







Comments:
Would you kindly spread the word of my holy blog please or simply follow me throughout my tales? I’ll return a favour, by spreading the word about your blog in any way possible. I will also give in a good word about you to the man himself.

Many thanks

Brother Adam.
 
Anita was always my favorite.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]